Friday, February 4, 2011

We'll see what happens...

Not much of a writer or blogger, but as CS Lewis stated, "You can make anything by writing."
I'm not very insightful or full of wisdom, but I always seem to have a lot to say. So, here's a toast to words.
My first blog.

I'm hoping to be real- but encouraging. I don't mind my life being on the internet because I don't really have anything to hide or be ashamed of.
If you know me, I'm pretty out spoken about what I believe and where I stand.... and who I stand with.
I'm trying to learn to be a woman with more grace and letting my words be said in my head before out of my mouth, because in my case, grace and mercy don't flow out of me, naturally :o)

I wanted to start a blog, more for myself than anyone else. I'm really bad at journaling [even though, I have a ridiculous problem with collecting journals and should probably attend some 12 step program to stop buying them]. However, I really want to be able to look back and read my thoughts, prayers, joys and sadness. I don't mind sharing these with you. I just hope to see myself in the years to come, with growth and wisdom when I look back. We'll see. It may make me want to crawl in a hole, but hopefully, I'll mature! Hahaha!

Don't expect any super juicy stuff. LOL! I hate it when women complain about their spouse's via twitter or facebook, status updates. It's disrespectful and typically, some people can't tell if it's a joke or not. 
Thankfully, I don't have much to complain about. My sweet Noah is a great man with a gentle heart. I hope our baby boy has is gentleness and kind spirit. I'm Irish. It's true what "they" say; Short tempered. God will probably have me feel like I'm looking in a mirror with our kids, so I can work on my temper. Like I said earlier, trying to become a woman with more grace and mercy. :o)

Well, here's to the adventure of writing. If you do choose to read, I hope you enjoy it. Or hate it, silently :o) 

Random thing about me- I cry every time Aslan talks. Every time. Especially when Liam Nelson speaks for his character in the movies. Every time. Tears!

"It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?" 
"But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan. 
"Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund. 
"I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there." 
 C.S. Lewis (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader)

4 comments:

  1. I've added you to my googlereader list! Brian jokes I don't have a good morning if I don't sit down with my cup of coffee and daily 'paper' aka blog roll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I don't know what that means! LOL!!! I have NO idea how this all works yet, but I'm glad you do!
    How do I stalk you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always admired people who can blog!! I've always thought about doing it, but feel that I don't really have anything interesting to say!! Looking forward to reading your posts =) See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. ill add you to my googlereader as well!!! It's via gmail and keeps you updated whenever the blogs you "follow" are updated :) I have too many blogs to keep up with right now!!

    ReplyDelete